Dec 15, 2022
The Plein Air Podcast has been named the #1 Painting Podcast by FeedSpot for two years in a row.
In this episode, Eric Rhoads interviews Lori Putnam, a plein air painter whose work is in private, corporate, and museum collections around the globe. Listen as they discuss:
- Lori's principles of growth and process for success
- The sacrifices that she and her husband made in order for her to pursue art as a profession
- Some key experiences and people who guided her on business and marketing
- What happened when her art workshops started filling up
- Thoughts on studio versus plein air painting
- What she does when she feels creatively "stuck"
- The steps she takes to get ready for an art show
- What artists can expect when they attend her pre-convention workshop at the next Plein Air Convention
Bonus! In this week's Art Marketing Minute, Eric Rhoads, author of Make More Money Selling Your Art, discusses NFTs and social media platforms, and answers questions about how to know if your work is ready to sell and how you can use art competitions to market your art.