Sep 1, 2022
Eric Rhoads interviews Jill Stefani Wagner; they discuss the
world of plein air painting for beginners and experienced
- What plein air events are like, and the benefits of attending
- Using oil vs pastel en plein air
- Mistakes that beginners can avoid
- Jill's favorite country to visit for plein air painting
- How owning and operating an advertising agency has served her
as a painter
- Things you can do to become a better artist
- And marketing your art, including nderstanding your audience
and knowing your buyers ("Sometimes artists feel like 'I don't want
to be in an industry,' but you are in an industry. And there are
certain steps that are important to improve your chances."
Bonus! In this week's Art Marketing Minute,
Eric Rhoads, author of Make More Money Selling
Your Art, shares thoughts on what to do with your older
paintings; and a method for selling your art right off the easel.
Have a question about how to sell your art? Ask Eric at artmarketing.com/questions.