Dec 22, 2022
In this episode, Eric Rhoads interviews Thomas Jefferson Kitts: "I can tell you everything you need to know about all your materials..how to hold your arm...None of that is going to serve you better than just doing it."
Listen as they discuss:
- The current influence of abstract art on representational
landscape painting ("There's a race right now to see how abstract
we can all go without losing our audience.")
- Painting for inspiration versus painting for money
- His biggest artistic influences
- What he says is "a blessing and a curse"
- His advice to artists who are just starting out
- And much more!
Bonus! In this week's Art Marketing Minute, Eric Rhoads, author of Make More Money Selling Your Art, answers the questions: "Should you hire a marketing specialist?" and "How can you implement TikTok as a marketing tool?"