Dec 29, 2022
In this episode, Eric Rhoads interviews Ryan Jensen, an inspirational plein air artist who is making an impact in more ways than one.
Listen as they discuss:
- How he was inspired by his artist parents (a graphic designer
and an illustrator) and their hard work; after serving in the
Military, he took a painting class and went for it
- The importance of a father's love and influence
- Why you can use comparison to others as fuel for yourself
- How art helped him with PTSD from the war and his addiction to sleeping pills and alcohol; how your strength comes when you ask for help ("It's okay not to be okay."), and the turning point he had when looking into his child's eyes
- His involvement in the plein air community; how it helped him and inspired him to then begin mentoring other artists ("Pick a mentor that will inspire you and think big.")
- And more
Bonus! In this week's Art Marketing Minute, Eric Rhoads, author of Make More Money Selling Your Art, discusses why website traffic might not be as important as you think; and the top art marketing lessons of 2022.
The Plein Air Podcast has been named the #1 Painting Podcast by FeedSpot for two years in a row.